TC Logo

TC Logo

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Review of Maybelline Colorblur cream matte pencil and smudger

Hey tenacious cookies!

Well it's a Sunday night and I decided I would write this review really quick. So, I'm a sucker for new lip products, especially cheap drug store products that claim to provide hours of color. Naturally, this product was something I certainly wanted to test.

So, my local Walmart didn't seem to have a wide range of colors. At first I thought it was just my store, but when I looked at the product online later on I realized the color range just isn't that wide. There really isn't a nude color, which is disappointing. As a pale individual that likes to go for a natural makeup look, bold lipstick just isn't my thing. I ended up choosing the shade 50 called "I like to mauve it." Mauve is a color I particularly like, so I was deeply confused by the very pink tube. I assumed the color would be much more brown than the tube. I was wrong. I feel like the name is a bit deceiving considering the color.

Initial Thoughts: this product seems a lot like any ordinary lip stain and balm duo. However, I like the lip pencil a bit better than the usual lip stain. I think the color is pretty deep and rich for a drugstore brand. I also enjoyed the smudger, I think it really helped prevent feathering. Unfortunately, the color is not mauve. I would say it is more of a dusty rose color. The only other negative thing is my lips feel a little stiff, like the product dried them out. I'm a sufferer of chronic chapped lips, so a lot of lip products do this anyway. Here is a picture of me right after applying the product.



Thoughts After 4 hours: Well, this product has not come off too much, but I haven't eaten or drank anything. The color isn't quite as vibrant, which I actually prefer, but again bright lip color is not my thing.



Final Verdict: After eating and drinking I can confidently say that this product definitely requires touch ups throughout the day. I know for some people that's no big deal, but I hate having to touch up my makeup during the day, especially after I eat. I do think it's a better product than the usual lip stain in that the color is much better. Overall, I'm not certain if this is a product I will be reaching for all that often. Maybe if I layered a lip gloss over it or something else my lips wouldn't feel so dry after application.

If anyone else has tried these products let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment